The Uniden Bearcat 980 is the only current Uniden CB radio with SSB operation. It features a large, easy to read illuminated control panel for easy use in all lighting conditions and comes with a newly designed microphone with a ergonomic pistol grip. This is a great looking radio. I'm a big fan of the digital controls and displays on the newer radios coming out. This one is no exception. I noticed right away the controls feel more solid than some others, namely the Cobra 29LX. The 6 pin microphone plug was a little off putting until I found the 4 pin to 6 pin adapter in the box. Good move by Uniden there. One feature that popped out at me was the channel scan. Probably not that exciting for most people, but I do get a lot of requests for a CB radio with that feature and not many of them have it.
Uniden Bearcat BC980 Features:
- 40 Channel operation
- Dynamic squelch control
- Mic gain HI/LO button
- RF gain control
- Frequency Counter
- Noise canceling mic with extra long cord
- 4-6 pin adapter available
- Channel indicator
- Instant channel 9/19
- PA/CB switch
- Large digital S/RF/CAL/SWR meter
- Backlit control knobs/buttons
- SSB USB/LSB
- Delta tune
- ANL/Noise Blanking
- 7 color display options
- Easy to read laser etched keys
- Enhanced graphics
- Variable talk back
- Dimmer switch day/night
- NOAA weather channels
- Memory Scan
- Antenna/RF/Voltage indicator
- Wireless mic compatible
What is in the box:
- Uniden Bearcat BC980 SSB CB Radio
- 6 pin CB Microphone
- 4 pin to 6 pin Microphone adapter
- Power cord
- Mounting bracket and hardware
- Microphone hanger
- Size: 2.25" H x 7.25" W x 7.5" D (without knobs and jacks)
- This is a standard sized radio. It will install without difficulty in most vehicles that have some room.
- The power cord for this radio is detachable for easy routing.
- This CB radio includes a mounting bracket with two 5mm thumb screws for mounting.
Calibrate Standing Wave Ratio (SWR):
Check and calibrate the SWR to ensure your antenna system is properlytuned.1. Connect the antenna.2. Turn Channel Selector to set the channel.3. Press S/RF/CAL/SWR to CAL. Press and hold the PTT button androtate the control knob until the bar meter aligns with CAL.4. Press S/RF/CAL/SWR to SWR. Transmit and note the SWR reading.If the SWR reading is greater than 1.5, adjust the antenna lengthand recheck.5. Repeat step 4 until you achieve the best SWR readings.
Thank you to CB World for letting us this video.
No posts found