FireStik IBA-5 60 Inch Indoor CB Base Antenna kit is perfect for apartments, homes, offices, RVs, job sites, or anywhere with restrictions that limit antenna height.
The FireStik IBA-5 was designed to provide CB antenna performance when used indoors, but it also works well as a temporary outdoor antenna. Hunters, campers, and Search-N-Rescue teams have use the IBA-5 with excellent results. As with any CB antenna the taller the better. If the IBA-5 is setup on top of the roof your RV outstanding performance is a REAL possibility. Even when used indoors we've had customers report excellent DXing (long distance communications) results.
The IBA-5 will not perform as well as a dedicated outdoor base antenna, it's just not designed as a replacement for these heavy duty antennas.
The IBA-5 is a lightweight antenna system that is quick to setup and at just over 5 feet (1.5 m) tall it is easy for a single individual to deploy this antenna and get on the air rapidly.
The FireStik IBA-5 indoor CB base station antenna is a complete ready to setup kit that includes:
- 'Bare-hands tunable tip' antenna (rated at 1000 watts)
- Partially pre-assembled base hub assembly
- Four 30 inch (76cm) radials
- 18 feet of RG-58A/U Fire-Flex coax cable
- Complete assembly instructions are included
- FireStik also includes a couple of extra tuning screws that can be used in situations
where SWR indicates insufficient ground plane
Adequate ground plane is required to achieve lowest SWR setting with the IBA-5 antenna. Carefully adjusting of the tuning screw located at the top of the antenna will correct most SWR settings for a properly installed antenna. Be sure to carefully read FireStik's supplied instructions.
CB Radio 11 meter band - 27 MHz frequencies
The FireStik IBA-5 indoor antenna kit is compatible with all Citizens Band Radios (CB Radios) that accept PL259 antenna connections. Typically the IBA-5 would be utilized with a base station CB radio or mobile CB radio that is connected to a suitable power supply.
Full 18 feet of Fire-Flex RG58A/U coax with FireRing and PL259 connectors; the preferred coax length for achieving optimum antenna performance under most conditions.
Tune your Antenna
Tuning your IBA-5 for lowest SWR is required and easily accomplished. Ideally an SWR of 1.5 or less will provide the best antenna performance.
Rated for 1000 watts power handling
- FireStik FS series 5 foot antenna with patented tunable tip
- Indoor or outdoor use
- Not recommended for long term outdoor use
- Moveable, easy to assemble
- Chrome plated ½ inch hex brass stock with 3/8x24 threaded ferrule
- Stainless steel mounting hardware
- FireStik Fire-Flex 18 feet high quality RG58A/U coaxial cable with FireRing terminator at antenna and PL259 connector for radio
- Four 1 inch (25 mm) x 30 inch (76 cm) flat steel radial legs 90 degree 4 Square foot base ground plane
- Complete instructions
- Spare parts kit
- Made in the USA!
- 5 YEAR WARRANTY - antenna
1 YEAR WARRANTY - other components
No posts found